6. Pop Pistol pop quiz
San Antonio’s own psychedelic Latin band, Pop Pistol, were the focus of my second July 2011 pop quiz interview. It posted on Friday, July 22, 2011. The focus of the first was Austin rock & roller, Kevin Brown, on Friday, July 8, 2011.
This is the highest rank by an act from San Antonio, so Pop Pistol is reppin’ for their town. It only posted in July, which is only about two months or so ago. Coming in at Number 6, that’s pretty impressive. There are quite few posts that were posted later in the year that ranked higher than those posts that went live earlier.
ATX! Pop Pistol just did a show at Trophy’s last night. If you missed it and you don’t know them, read the interview below and if you like ‘em, keep an eye out for when they come back to town from good ole San Anto on August 12th.
July 22, 2011
Name: Pop Pistol
Genre: Psychedelic Latin Dream Pop
Latest Relase: Disappearing Edges EP (Texas is Funny Records)
Release Date: April 1, 2011
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Underground 2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (OR Both)??? Maintain Human Integrity 3.Studio OR Stage? Stage 4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Hedonism 5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Make Love Always
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my way to speak to the world and Listen back in the same breath.
7. I’m musically inspired by Dreams and Hunger and Spaces and Beautiful Human Beings.
8. If I could have made any music video it would have been “Human Behavior” by Björk.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Bruce Lee.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Sex, Freedom, and Dancing.
11. I make music because: It is what takes me closest to grace and animal nature in a constant dance. Nothing comes close to that.
12. I want my fans to: Share and bounce around and smile and listen and feel and sing along and close their eyes and forget about what they were thinking before and to jump into our brains and find bands that can take them to that place and support them with any kind of energy they can spare and they will get it back. 13. If I could only share one thing about myself it would be: I love to eat migas and drink coffee and smell cloves. 14. Wild Card! I hope we all think about the future at any point during the day; the future that we want to dream of besides the one that falls into us. We can Change so much of our environment just by being conscious of it. We can change how we see each other just by being conscious of each other, too. 15. I want my musical legacy to be: A reflection of the strange and normal journey we all make, rooted but reaching, always moving and building and destroying. A palimpsest of experiences and sounds and ways of being.
The video Pop Pistol wish they woud have made!
Listen to “Who Needs Forever” from their sophomore EP release, Disappearing Edges. Click on the cover to go to their official site.