Sariah is a dance-genue who calls herself “the Queen of Hearts.” She set things off with her first single, “Deep N Luv,” in 2010. In 2011, she kept it going with the follow-up, ”All About Sex.” Both tracks have charted on the Billboard Dance Charts. Not too shabby for someone fresh out the box. Read what Sariah has to say about her two dance hits, sex anthems, and more in this EXCLUSIVE 10Q interview.
Watch the official “All About Sex” video.
Click the pic to go to Sariah’s official site and the “All About Sex” single cover at the end of the interview, to get to her Facebook Page.
1. Tell us about the new single, “All About Sex.” “All About Sex” is a record with a message allowing women to feel free to have what ever kind of relationship THEY want to. Women are always judged so much in every angle and men get away with SO much! Well, not anymore. I had the power in this specific relationship “All About Sex” discusses and I decided when it was over, too.
2. Why was this chosen as the next single? It was chosen because of the strong lyrical content and the very strong production! It was my favorite as well.
3. How is it different than your first single, “Deep N Luv?” “Deep N Luv” is one of my favorite records, too. It brings the hip hop and pop world together! I think it’s a darker record than “All About Sex.” It discusses more of getting into nightlife and all of its fabulous opportunities.
4. Congrats on “Deep N Luv” and “All About Sex”charting on the Billboard Dance Charts. How does that make you feel? Thank you SO much! It excites me so much that I just want to create more and more and more records! I am just so happy that my music has had a positive influence on my fans, DJs, and the radio! I am very happy to be back in the studio in hopes to create more hits for my hearts.
5. What are some of your favorite sex anthems of the past?That’s a great question! Madonna, Britney, and Christina Aguilera have some of my favorite sex anthems for sure. They are all sexy and beautiful women and have showed that through their music!
6. Do you consider yourself a role model? I do consider myself a role model. No matter what I do, I always work hard to have class and style along with personality and passion. I think being a role model is being someone who others can look up to and learn from. I truly hope I am that to others.
I really work hard to stay connected via Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace to reach out to my fans, other artists, and keep in touch with all of my good friends. My family will always come first, too. I am constantly learning from my surroundings and hope to always be a role model for young artists throughout the world.
7. That said, what are your thoughts on songs like your own, which are sexual in nature, but may be considered controversial or viewed as inappropriate for young girls? Especially those by pop stars who seem to court this young female audience. Sexuality stirring controversy in pop is nothing new…Elvis and Marilyn Monroe were considered risqué for their time. Madonna’s “Like a Virgin” made waves in the eighties as did Cher in the nineties. Pop has never shied from pushing sexual buttons.
8. What are you trying to bring to your dance music that hasn’t been brought before?
I am bringing power, sexiness, passion, royalty, and a strong show to the dance world.
9. Where do you see yourself in five years? In five years, I will be on tour with my full band wearing all of my own designed clothing! I will be working on raising money towards foundations that my family are a part of: The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and the Patricia Cronin Foundation. I will also be cast in a movie.
10. Any last words or anything you want to say, clarify, set the record straight on, or put out there to your fans via THE REAL popolio? First, I just want to thank you for taking the time to listen to my music and enjoying it! Thank you also for having me and for your great questions!
I am SO thankful for all of these incredible opportunities and cannot wait to come and perform in a city near you all, my hearts! Also, stay positive, encouraged, and inspired!
Your Queen of Hearts