27. Larissa Ness pop quiz
Local pop/dance singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, Larissa Ness, is one of a few artists that have been featured more than once at THE REAL popolio in its different iterations. She is also one of the few true local pop artists who embraces and celebrates that moniker wholeheartedly. She hosts great video premiere premiere parties (where she also performs) at various local clubs.
Taking the Year 3 Number 27 spot is her pop quiz interview that posted last year on Friday, November 19, 2010. Hers was actually the very first pop quiz at THE REAL popolio’s new location at this URL. So, there was only one pop quiz interview for November 2010.
See the original post here — Larissa Ness pop quiz interview – ATX. It includes her song, “Get To It,” and a video of Judy Garland singing “Over the Rainbow” as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.
Larissa Ness is a regular at THE REAL popolio, but this is the first time she’s done a pop quiz for us. She will be performing new songs from her yet to be titled forthcoming release at an upcoming December show called TEASE. Check all the deets here. Read her pop quiz, watch the video she wishes she would have made, and listen to her latest single below.
November 19, 2010
Name: Larissa Ness
Genre: Pop/Electro/Hip Hop
Latest Release: “Get To It” [Single from Full Album TBA] (Self-Released)
Release Date: September 1, 2010
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Underground is the mainstream it seems.
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (OR Both)??? Maintain an income for the value of artistic integrity I am offering.
3. Studio OR Stage? Cannot have the stage without the studio.
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? To be spiritual is important to me.
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Everyone should do what they feel, just take precautions.
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my expression, my love, my life.
7. I’m musically inspired by art, nature, people, and emotions.
8. If I could have made any music video perhaps it would be “Over the Rainbow” by Judy Garland [from The Wizard of Oz]. She always sang as if life was always wonderful, even if it wasn’t. To me, “Over the Rainbow” is about daring to dream, daring to pursue it, and seeking a bright and fulfilling future…
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Wonder Woman, she had invincible cuffs, and what girl doesn’t want indestructible jewelry? Jewelry is expensive, you know… 10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Love, Acceptance, and Awareness.
11. I make music because: It is simply who I am, what I was meant to do.
12. I want my fans to: Be affected by my music, in some way, hopefully it will be a positive interaction, maybe inspiring.
13. If I could only share one thing about myself it would be: That I LOVE shots of Agave Tequila.
14. Wild Card! I wish I had more time to make it to The Oprah Show.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: One that people respect, one that leaves inspiration and a positive impact on fans, the industry, and perhaps the globe.
The video Larissa Ness wishes she would have made!
Listen to “Get To It” from Larissa Ness’ forthcoming follow-up to Smile. Click on the pic to go to her MySpace Page.