Need an alternative to ACL? The Long Tangles play the Ditch the Fest Fest 2 (which is a benefit for all Austin-area wildfire victims) tomorrow at the Beauty Bar (617 East 7th Street). They go on at 2:20PM on the Outside Stage. $5 wristband for all shows or $2 per.
September 16, 2011
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Underground
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (OR Both)??? Both, please.
3. Studio OR Stage? Stage. No. Studio. No. Stage.
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Agnostic
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? We do it all.
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my hot hot sex.
7. We’re musically inspired by each other, bike rides, relationships, swimming, culture, fears, music, money, fall.
8. If I could have made any music video it would have been “Whip My Hair” [Willow cover] by Skull Tape.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Wolverine.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Red Bull, Late Night Tacos, and Gas Money.
11. I make music because: It’s fun, it feels good, and sometimes you have to. Also, it’s cathartic – writing, getting frustrated, getting it right, then performing it, and letting your body and mind to memorize it.
12. I want my fans to: dance and feel connected to what we’ve written like it’s what they meant to say or think.
13. If I could only share one thing about myself it would be: The Long Tangles are industrious and efficient.
14. Wild Card! We met in a seedy bar in New Orleans, and Coco was underage.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: That we worked with other people to make beautiful music and support each other rather than working against anyone. We’re all in this together, right?
Watch the video the Long Tangles wish they would have made!