Houston-based, the Niceguys, offer a nice mix of hip hop beats and rap lyrics that defy expectations and entertain the masses.
The Niceguys play a 21+ show at the Scoot Inn (1308 E. 4th Street) next Thursday, March 17, 2011, starting at 8:50 PM.
Name: The Niceguys
Debut Release: The Show (265, Self-Released)
Release Date: September 28, 2010
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Mainstream
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (OR Both)??? BOTH
3. Studio OR Stage? Stage
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Roman Catholicism
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Know the right time for each.
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my disposition.
7. I’m musically inspired by life.
8. If I could have made any music video it would have been an unwritten song by The Niceguys.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Batman.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Good Clothes, Good Music, and Niceguys.
11. I make music because: I’m supposed to be.
12. I want my fans to: Trust me.
13. If I could only share one thing about myself it would be: I don’t have it all figured out. Just mostly figured out.
14. Wild Card! Everything is a fight.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: Like no other.
Editor’s Note: Need to rework question Number 8, but since the first song Niceguys member, Ives Saint, ever memorized was Nas’ “The Message,” that’s the video I’m choosing for them.