19. She’s a Tease pop quiz
The SXSW2011 popolio pop quiz interview domination on this countdown continues. This is the fifth overall and third consecutive SXSW 2011 pop quiz entry. I believe She’s a Tease is our first entry on either countdown by a band from Mexico. Canada’s BRAIDS took the Number 30 spot with theirs, Australia’s the Jezabels’ Number 23, Japan’s Peelander-Z, Number 21, and ATX’s own, Quiet Company, holds the Number 20 spot. Keepin’ it international here at THE REAL popolio!
Take Pac-Man, Mario, Luigi, Sonic, and Samus, throw them into a club to raise their hands in the air and shake their @$$3$ on the floor, turn up the electro blips and dance anthems and you might have Unicorn Kid’s future-perfect music.
Unicorn Kid plays a 21+ show at the Phoenix (409 Colorado Street) this Thursday, March 17, 2011, starting at 10:00 PM.
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Somewhere in between, I guess.
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (OR Both)??? Maintain yr tru musical vision.
3. Studio OR Stage? Playing live to an awesome audience is the best feeling ever.
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Hail Satan
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Abstinence forever
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my only activity + the center of my life right now.
7. I’m musically inspired by teen life, hot dudez & Super Slam VBall for the NES.
8. If I could have made any music video it would have been This. Editor’s Note: See below.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Bartman.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Peace, Love, and Positive Vibes.
11. I make music because: I can make the kind of music I want to hear and travel to crazy and exotic places with it.
12. I want my fans to: Start watching Seinfeld, Rosanne, and Frasier.
13. If I could only share one thing about myself it would be: I used to have a crush on Anthony LaPaglia.
14. Wild Card! I’m really looking forward to the Tex Mex food in Austin.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: My fans growing up and showing their kids my records and their kids hating it.
The video Unicorn Kid wishes he would have made!
Listen to Unicorn Kid’s single, “Wild Life.” Click on the pic to go to his official site.
Mexico’s She’s a Tease makes Spanglish rock that snaps, crackles, and pops.
She’s a Tease play a 21+ show at Flamingo Cantina (515 E. 6th Street) this Thursday, March 17, 2011, starting at 9:00 PM.
March 14, 2011
Name: She’s a Tease
Debut Release: Millonaria (EMI)
Release Date: October 26, 2010
This, That, or the Other
1.Underground OR Mainstream? Mainstream
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (OR Both)??? Maintain Artistic Integrity 3. Studio OR Stage? Studio 4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Spirituality 5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Make a Lot of Love
Fill in the Blank 6. Music is my war.
7. I’m musically inspired by surroundings.
8. If I could have made any music video it would have been “Why (Does Your Love Hurt So Much)” by She’s a Tease directed by Chicle.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Joe Strummer. 10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to __________________, __________________, and __________________. (OR Not) Not!
Short Answer 11. I make music because: I love it and I think I know how to do it. 12. I want my fans to: Live happy forever after. 13. If I could only share one thing about myself it would be: Love. 14. Wild Card! Our hometown is at war a we think that makes us cool. 15. I want my musical legacy to be: Girlfriend.
The video She’s a Tease wish they would have made!
Editor’s Note: Actually, it is their video, but I suppose they want to direct one like theirs was directed.
Listen to “Why (Does Your Love Hurt So Much)” from She’s a Tease’s debut release, Millonaria. Click the cover to go to their official site.