Genre: Garage Pop/Glam
Upcoming Debut Release:
Chinaski EP (Self-Released)
Release Date: Early October 2011
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Whatever the kids are buying.
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (OR Both)??? Integrity, definitely.
3. Studio OR Stage? Studio
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Spirituality sounds like a patchouli-scented, tempeh-eating dude with a wispy beard going on about “one-ness,” whilst Hedonism sounds like an oily, weasely dude with a lot of gold chains and a waterbed. So, we’re going to have to go with neither.
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? The last one.
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my aeroplane (joke). Actually, music is the only thing that keeps us sane.
7. I’m musically inspired by we’re a band with very disparate tastes, that’s what makes us so interesting to me. I love the Clash, the Hold Steady, Springsteen (I could go on forever). Dan, our singer and main songwriter, loves the Stones. Ross, our drummer, is also in a Brazilian drum group. We bring in a lot of different influences.
8. If I could have made any music video it would have been one of those old live videos by the Clash that they cut from the movie, Rude Boy. Probably “I Fought the Law.”
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Batman. Rich, successful, and kick-ass.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Girlfriends, Microbrew, and Day Jobs.
11. I make music because: Be it writing, painting, whatever your bag is, the act of creation is probably one of the most thrilling things in the world. And, where else but music can you have so much fun doing it?
12. I want my fans to: Have a damn good time. Rock and Roll is best when, on the surface it sounds dumb, but when you dive deeper there’s a lot to chew on.
13. If I could only share one thing about myself it would be: We’re having a hell of a lot of fun.
14. Wild Card! If you haven’t already, do yourself a favor and go watch The Last Waltz.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: A glib answer would be something like, “I want us to be as big as the Beatles, the Stones, and U2 combined!” But, really, if twenty years from now, a couple of friends are talking and one goes, “Hey, remember that band, Chinaski?” And, the other answers, “Oh, YEAH! Those guys were pretty damn cool!” I’ll be a happy man.
Watch the video Chinaski wish they would have made!