Editor’s Note: Kaydean is an artist signed to Zonisphere Recordings, part of Zonisphere Media Group, and I write a weekly music column, Urb’l (Urban Cool) Remedy, for Zubterrain, the e-zine of the the Zonisphere Media Group.
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Underground
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (OR Both)??? You can’t take the money with you when you go, but Integrity will last forever.
3. Studio OR Stage? I love both, but I’m excited by the fear of the stage.
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Why not Spiritual Hedonism? I believe in that.
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? LOL. Everyone knows FUCK is my favorite word.
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my church.
7. I’m musically inspired by the love of many things.
8. If I could have made any music video it would have been “Let Me Be Myself” by 3 Doors Down.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Batman…Definitely.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Fuck, Fuck, and Fucking Party.
11. I make music because: It’s the loudest voice I have.
12. I want my fans to: Learn to listen to music, again. I mean really learn to listen and love it. There’s more there than just a beat.
13. Wild Card! If music is my world then the people are notes and I imprison all of you with bars. How’s that for random?
14. If I could only share one thing about myself it would be: Don’t I share enough??
15. I want my musical legacy to be: To teach people how to love music, again. We’ve lost that. And, there is still so much creativity to fall in love with. I want to be a part of a movement that reintroduces music with substance, not just the flat 2 dimensional substitute that’s gets airplay now – but an actual movement. I want to be a fan again…a new breed of fanaticism…Not consumers procured by effective marketing, but fans cultivated out of love and admiration for the art and its message.
The video Kaydean wishes he would have made!
Listen to “Tranquility” from Emerge, the first part of Kaydean’s double EP. Click on the cover to go to his official site.
Now, listen to “Daywalker” from Submerge, the second part of Kaydean’s EP. Click on the cover to go to his Facebook Page.
This is a first time a guest photographer was showcased for this feature. Very interesting collaboration with myself in the ATX and Joseph and Shari, both in NYC. They shot on location in and around parts of Times Square in New York City on Wednesday, May 18, 2011. Please read and check out the original post at my music column here.