Local DJ and poet, Jazz One, creates old school/now school fusion of always danceable party beats.
Jazz One play a 21+ show at Speakeasy Kabaret (412 Congress Avenue) next Thursday, March 17, 2011, starting at 8:45 PM.
Name: Jazz One
Genre: DJ/Spoken Word Poet/Actor
Forthcoming Release: MEGA (Self-Released)
Release Date: March 12, 2011
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Underground
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (OR Both)??? Both. Eventually the cream does rise to the top. If not, you can still look at yourself in the mirror.
3. Studio OR Stage? Stage
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Spirituality
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? It depends on how I’m feeling, the chick and the moment.
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my soul food.
7. I’m musically inspired by Z-Trip, DJ Mel, DJ Orion, Saul Williams, Rakim.
8. If I could have made any music video it would have been “Big Pimpin’” by UGK and Jay-Z.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Kick-Ass.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Bank, Stank, and Dank & Drank.
11. I make music because: Music makes the good times great and it makes the bad times bearable…
12. I want my fans to:
–Download my iPhone/Android app.
–Download my stuff from iTunes.
–Come out to my SXSW Showcase.
–Lose yourself in the music for a little while.
13. If I could only share one thing about myself it would be: I’m like a Weeble. I may wobble, but I don’t fall down.
14. Wild Card! Download my new mixtape, MEGA, at www.djjazz1.com.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: My pops worked construction most of his life. I lost him a few years ago. His legacy of quality work will last long past his life. I want my legacy to be quality work, like my pops.
The video Jazz One wishes he would have made!
Listen to “Bring the Ghostbusting Noise” a mashup of “Ghostbusters” by Ray Parker, Jr., and Public Enemy’s “Bring the Noise” Jazz One did on the turntables one day. Click on the pic to go to his official site.