Name: Joey Salinas
Forthcoming Release: Identity (TrebleMusic Productions)
Release Date: January 2011
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Mainstream
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (OR Both)??? Both, DUH
3. Studio OR Stage? Stage
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Spirituality
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Yes
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my escape and release. Anything and everything going on in my life is filtered through my music to help me get through things and process. I’m always writing about things in my life so you can kind of tell what’s going on with me based on my music.
7. I’m musically inspired by the world around me. I’m always surrounded by dancers and djs as well as other singers of different genres. It’s very inspiring to see the excitement of one of my singer friends putting out their new material or one of my dj friends getting ready to spin at a specific location or debut their latest remix to a crowd if they produce as well. Or with my dancers friends when they learn new choreography and show it off to me or just watching them dance in class. It’s a huge motivator for me to get my work out and share it with everyone.
8. If I could have made any music video it would have been “Human Nature” by Madonna.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Peter Petrelli from Heroes.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to __________________, __________________, and __________________. (OR Not) – That has its identity and should not be changed. It’s just not for me. Well, at least not the drugs part. I’ll take the Sex and Rock & Roll any day!!!
11. I make music because: It helps me process life. And because I love it! Wouldn’t trade it for anything.
12. I want my fans to: Have something to move to and be inspired to live their lives to the fullest.
13. If I could only share one thing about myself it would be: That I LOVE to eat !!! LOVE LOVE LOVE. Food gifts are ALWAYS accepted.
14. Wild Card! I’ve never been able to smell. NEVER. No sense of smell, whatsoever. I wonder why. Hmm.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: That it was a collection of hits that made people want to get on their feet and dance as well as tap into a piece of their lives and help them process whatever they’re going through.
The video Joey Salinas wishes he would have made!