Happy New Year 2011 from THE REAL popolio!
31 Dec 2010 Leave a Comment
24 Dec 2010 Leave a Comment
21 Dec 2010 Leave a Comment
Meet Norwegian pop sensation, Tone Damli (prounounced Tony Dam-lee), who already has many credits to her name in her native region. Now, she’s trying to make her mark in the good ole US of A. Check her out!
17 Dec 2010 Leave a Comment
Latest Release: Alias (Zonisphere Records)
Release Date: December 14, 2010
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Underground. It’s where mainstream gets its inspiration from.
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (OR Both)??? Both would be nice, but if I had to choose…I’d rather be a starving artist than a miserable, suicidal, manufactured, hit-making machine.
3. Studio OR Stage? Both. I want to have my cake and eat it too.
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Spirituality. It can be hedonistic.
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? All of the above.
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my salvation.
7. I’m musically inspired by people, places, events, dreams, and shiny objects.
8. If I could have made any music video it would have been “Her Morning Elegance” by Oren Lavie.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Vampirella.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Sex, Wine, and Indie Music.
11. I make music because: It’s how I express the things I can’t express in a normal conversation. It gives me a voice to say what others can’t say or don’t dare to say and it allows me to connect and bond with others no matter how different we may be.
12. I want my fans to: Escape reality with my music, be inspired to embrace their individuality, and make positive choices in their lives.
13. If I could only share one thing about myself it would be: I have slight OCD.
14. Wild Card! Please kill the auto-tuner.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: To be remembered as an innovative, fearless, outspoken female who inspired others to progress, evolve, and shift their consciousness.
The music video Janid wishes she would have made!
Listen to “Alias,” the title track from Janid’s latest release of the same name that just came out this Tuesday, December 14, 2010. Find out more about Janid, Alias, and where to pick it up. Click on the cover to go to her official site.
14 Dec 2010 Leave a Comment
07 Dec 2010 1 Comment
07 Dec 2010 Leave a Comment
in Tuesday Tease Tags: 4x4=12, All American Nightmare, Charlie Wilson, Daft Punk, deadmau5, Duffy, Endlessly, Flyleaf, Hedley, Hinder, Juanes, Just Chariler, Natasha Bedingfield, No Mercy, P.A.R.C.E., Plain White T’s, Redman, Reggie, Remember To Live, Strip Me, T.I., The Show Must Go, Tron: Legacy, Tron: Legacy Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Wonders of the Younger
December 7, 2010
A REAL popolio selection of Today’s New Releases.
|Natasha Bedingfield||Strip Me|
|Flyleaf||Remember To Live EP|
|Hedley||The Show Must Go|
|Hinder||All American Nightmare|
|Plain White T’s||Wonders of the Younger|
|Tron: Legacy (by Daft Punk)||Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|
|Charlie Wilson||Just Charlie|
06 Dec 2010 1 Comment
in show Tags: Austin, Austin artists, Austin venues, Beyond Tradition, dance, electro, Greek_Fire, Hello, hip hop, Larissa Ness, pop, Rachelle Briton, Rachelle Briton Designs, The Phoenix, The Phoenix Austin, Waterstone Aesthetics
Don’t forget to check out Larissa Ness’ show this Thursday night and to read her recent REAL popolio pop quiz interview.
~Originally posted Wednesday, November 17, 2010~
Larissa Ness will be performing new tracks from her forthcoming yet to be titled follow-up to 2008′s Hello. For those who love Hello, you will also get to hear numbers from that set. This will be a high-octane show with visual projections by Greek_Fire and a dance troupe made up of local dancers backing Ms. Ness. Looks to be a big show at the Phoenix.
Click on the flyer to go to Larissa Ness’ official site.
+Rachelle Briton (former MTV Networks stylist and now fashion designer) will oversee Wardrobe and Costuming to make sure Larissa Ness looks good.
+Waterstone Aesthetics will design Hair and Make-Up for Larissa Ness and the dancers to rock.
+Beyond Tradition will provide accessories for Larissa Ness and the dancers to wear.